Kungens Kanna & Drottningens Pris has been a Category 1 tournament since 2012 until it upgraded to Super Category last year.
During these years, many young and promising players have played in Stockholm and now grown to be contenders for the major tournaments on the ATP and WTA Tour. Five of the top 100 on the ATP Tour and four of the top 100 on the WTA Tour have played in Kungens Kanna and Drottningens Pris, where the world number 5, Stefano Tsitsipas, shines the brightest at the moment. He recently won the ATP Masters 1000 in Monte Carlo, his sixth title since he won his first ATP tournament returning to The Royal Tennis Hall in 2018 for the Stockholm Open.
ATP Tour ranking (participated in Kungens Kanna)
5. Stefanos Tsitsipas, Greece (2011, 2012)
21. Casper Ruud, Denmark (2012)
47. Miomir Kecmanovic, Serbia (2013)
63. Alexei Popyrin, Australia (2012, 2013)
74. Emil Ruusuvuori, Finland (2012, 2013)
WTA Tour ranking (participated in Drottningens Pris)
33. Dyana Yastremska, Ukraine (2014)
78. Anna Blinkova, Russia (2012)
79. Anastasia Potapova, Russia (2014)
90. Clara Tauson, Denmark (2016)